SHENOY Engineering, PC [SEPC] is a full-service consulting engineering firm that requires an experienced Electrical Engineer capable of performing surveys, preparing feasibility reports, designing of electrical systems and construction administration services for projects at new and existing facilities. The engineer should have the ability to handle projects involving residential, educational, commercial and industrial buildings conforming to State of NY and NJ Building Codes.
SEPC offers unparalleled experience in planning, design, cost estimating and construction related services including administration, inspection and commissioning for various types of new and existing facilities.
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, driven, conscientious and hard working Sr. Electrical Engineer – who would be designing electrical systems for commercial, residential, educational, institutional and industrial projects.
- Conceptualize an initial design from a site visit for existing facility and review of architectural drawing for new or existing building, leading to a comprehensive electrical system layout
- Prepare feasibility/scope reports for the project
- Prepare cost estimate for the proposed scope of work
- Prepare bid documents and specifications for electrical systems design for large commercial, residential, educational and industrial projects
- Coordinate with Architects/Engineers/Contractors/Clients/Vendor/other Experts over the duration of the project
- Prepare / supervise complete electrical engineering layouts and documents in accordance with NY & NJ building codes
- Provide construction administration services for the project, respond to RFI’s, review shop drawings
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and vendors as required
- Participate in the design phase activities by providing expertise in detail development
- Organize and prepare all construction drawings and specifications
- Participate in all construction phase activities
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the standards libraries including CAD standards and procedures
- Adhere to established project goals and objectives including but not limited to schedule and budget parameters
- Conduct existing conditions surveys and prepare engineering sketches as appropriate to document relevant conditions
- Review applicable building codes and develop a list of criteria to be reflected in the design documents
- Assist the design team by researching products and systems that accomplish the design intent
- Prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; floor plans; electrical plans; details; construction specifications for all materials and products selected and documented by SEPC; coordination for city agency approvals, reviews and responses
- Review both SEPC and consultant documents, conferring with the Supervising Engineer and the Project Manager as needed, to ensure consistency with both SEPC project and quality standards, accomplish the design intent, and code compliance
- Prepare and issue addenda as required
- Review and process all shop drawing/sample submissions and consult with the Supervising Engineer and Project Manager as appropriate, to ensure that the design intent is being maintained
- Prepare and issue responses to contractor’s request for information
- Prepare and issue bulletin and change order documentation
- Participate in job site meetings and construction observation activities as required
- Participate in the punch list process
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering [Master’s preferred]
- Minimum 5 years of experience in designing and drafting electrical systems including load calculations
- Thorough knowledge of NY and NJ Building Codes
- Thorough knowledge of Electrical power and low voltage systems
- Knowledge of lighting analysis software
- AutoCAD 2013 proficiency is a must
- Revit knowledge is a plus
- PE and LEED accreditation is preferred
SEPC offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment, development, flexibility, and growth opportunity.
If you are a motivated professional with strong leadership and technical skills, in search of a great working environment, submit resume to email@example.com.